December 22, 2008

Pinecone Retrospective

Hi everyone,

Yes, more snow pictures!


Today I decided we would compare the pine cone pictures. The poor things are just covered in snow and ice today. We had about four inches of snow yesterday. I know that isn't a lot in some neighborhoods, but it's a bunch for us! We have had about ten inches total in the past week. Comments are below the photos.



First snowy pine cone - 12/17/08



Second pine cone - 12/21/08




Third pine cone - 12/22/08





This is the back corner of our yard. The white fence is very old, it was hand made by one of the original homeowners in our area. Our little neighborhood is over 100 years old and this fence belonged to a huge Victorian that used to be our neighbor. During our 13 years of owning our home, the Victorian home has been sold and the lot parceled off. We now have a modern duplex as our neighbor. But we still have the old fence. This was a long explanation to tell you that I love the way the snow has gathered in the crescent shape of the fence. I think it's very pretty, in that shabby chic kind of way. A few months ago one of the tenants of the duplex decided she would park her car in the back yard...she crashed into the fence and it now has a lovely hole in it.



You can just hear Ollie thinking "Mom, where is my freakin' sweater!?!"


Charlie is just thinking "yum! chilly snow is tasty!"


This is my lap while I am trying to type this post...I just don't have enough lap for three dogs and my laptop. I try to crochet this way too, all gifts include pug hair at no extra charge.

Have a great day!
puglette
:o)

9 comments:

  1. I just love your lap picture! It doesn't get any better than that!

    Hope you are all staying warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny! everything I own also has pug hair. Snow looks beautiful but I am sure it is WAAAY too cold for me to enjoy it in person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whats better than snuggling in your mommy's lap? Snuggling in Mommy's lap when she has food!
    Hugs & Snugs
    Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what great pictures! what a perfect christmas holiday week!
    xo
    melissa and emmitt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom loves it when Lucky & I both try to climb in her lap when she is at the computer. It is not comfortable for her, but nice for me. Nice fence. Too bad the doofus crashed it.

    Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so amazed you are able to hold all that pugginess and post at the same time. You are a woman of many talents! holy cow it looks chilly there.
    happy holidays from Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pine cone pictures and you're right about the fence - it is very pretty. I did a post today about my pinecone obsession - I may have to steal some of your pine cone photography. Do I have your permission?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pictures! The fence is beautiful. I was looking at that before I even read what you put about it. I hate that someone ran into it. Your yard looks beautiful. The snow is pretty. We don't get much snow here either. We have some ice right now that is causing a lot of accidents right now. DH just left out and picked up a load and it going from KY to MI. I just pray he gets there safely.

    You all stay warm and safe. Merry Christmas.

    Hugs and Pugs.
    Angie

    ReplyDelete

Please write!