December 4, 2008

The Christmas MeMe



My first MeMe...I have seen this floating around so I thought I would play too.


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I think it depends on the gift. Boxes I wrap and odd shapes I use gift bags


2. Real tree or Artificial? No tree. We haven't had a Christmas tree in over ten years. I just don't feel the need for one. I'm kind of a cranky old thing.


3. When do you put up the tree? See #2

4. Wreath on your door? Yes, if possible. I think they are pretty.

5. Do you like eggnog? Not really, although there is an alcoholic beverage that is pretty yummy. I don't know the name of it.

6. Favourite Christmas gift received as a child? i can't recall.

7. Easiest person to buy for? Dear Daughter, she's super easy.

8. Least easiest? Hubby, he never wants anything and if he does, he just buys it for himself.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? yes, but not on display

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I try to mail them and some years I get them out.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A plastic guitar, I think I was 8 or 9 and it was really small and cheesy

12. Favourite Christmas Movie? Elf

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually after Thanksgiving hubby and I will make a big push and get it all done t once. This year I am making a lot of gifts.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, but not to family or close friends.

15. Open presents on Christmas eve or morning? As a child it was Christmas Eve for family and then Christmas morning presents from Santa. Now it's at the family gathering about a week before Christmas.

16. Lights on the tree? I think they are pretty, I prefer the multi colored lights, just not blinking lights

17. Favourite Christmas song? Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Bruce Springsteen, live at Winterland in 1979...I was at the show!

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? A little of both.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Nope

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Neither, I like the old fashioned ornaments, the big tall glass ones.

21. Favourite thing to eat at Christmas? my sister's russian tea cookies...so light and flaky. Yum!

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? All the commercialization. The cheesy music. Lots of things. It is not my favorite time of year. :o(

23. Favorite Tree ornament, theme or color? When I was a child my parents had big plastic ornaments from the 1940's. They were war time ornaments and they were my favorites. The plastic was different than today's plastic.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I buy a small standing rib roast (prime rib) for just hubby and me. We have potatoes roasted around the meat and some yummy veggies.

25. Brussels Sprouts - love or hate them? Love them! but no one else does.

26. Favorite accompaniment to the Christmas Pud? not sure what this is, but Brill says custard...so that sounds good She even has pictures and a description on her blog!

27. Favorite Christmas Carol? Oh Come All Ye Faithful

28. Your very Favorite Christmas Thing? dinner at home with hubby and the puppies

29. A Christmas wish! safe harbor for all those without a home.

30. Tag a Seasonal Six - this has been on a lot of blogs, so just play along too!


Holiday hugs,
Puglette
:o)

9 comments:

  1. Mom loves Russian Teacakes. YUM! Great answers. This is a fun meme.

    Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I was reading your answers and was amazed that #17 is the same for me!! I love that song by Bruce Springsteen!! I remember one Christmas I had gotten a new boom box and I was listening to it after "Santa" had came. (we use to get up at like 2 or 3 in the morning and my parents would actually get up and let us open up our presents.....then we'd all go back to bed, but it was hard for us kids to go back to sleep). I remember hearing that song and still remember that like it was yesterday! I don't remember much of anything but I remember that so well. "Santa Claus is coming to town, ho ho ho...Santa Claus is coming to town ho..ho..ho....San~ta Claus is co~min' to to~wn! What things we remember!

    Thanks for the post on my blog. I am very excited. I don't know what to expect about having a pug but am excited! I have been reading up on them. I didn't realize until after we had paid for them that they have a DOUBLE coat!! EEK! Didn't know! LOL So, I'll have to vacuum everyday I guess! I so want them to be a part of our family. We've tried outside dogs and they didn't work out. I want these to work out so bad. The kids really want a dog too. I'll have to post a picture of the kids w/their new twin boys! (we have a set of twin boys that are 7)

    Enough of my rambling! Love your blog!!

    Hugs and Pugs.
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so much fun learning about everyones traditions!

    Ane

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun blog post! Russian Teacakes!!!! I LOVE THOSE!!! Extremely yummy! Definitely gotta pull out my recipe for those!
    Have a fun day,
    Joan & Skippy

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi puglette!
    what a great meme!
    have a wonderful day!
    xo
    m & e

    ReplyDelete
  6. Puglette, thanks for filling out this meme! We enjoyed reading your answers! I'm sad that you don't really care for this time of year, but it's understandable. The commercialization can be a bit much, and everyone is always pretty strapped for money too! Have a wonderful day today- it's almost the WEEKEND!

    Love, Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry you did not enjoy your plastic guitar. I like my plastic toy piano a little bit. I would like it better if I could play, but I only know how to put my paw on the keys. We are not putting up a tree this year on account of Harley. He is still bad sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BOL! Great answers! No tree? Thats okay, you don't need a stinky tree to celebrate Christmas!
    Hugs & Snugs
    Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Puglette! The winners of the Sweet Figments Etsy Blog Give-away will be officially posted on Monday, but I thought I'd let you know a little early that you won my chrysocolla and sterling silver earrings!

    Please email me your address whenever you get a chance, so that I can send you your prize:)

    Best,
    Cheryl
    cheryl.hendricks(!at)gmail.com
    http://chendric.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete

Please write!