July 20, 2009

Odds and Ends

Hi everyone!

Well, here I am! Sorry for such a long break between posts, I have been getting used to the new job and enjoying the summer weather.


I still like my new job. The people are so friendly and nice. I am getting used to my commute too. I have been listing to audio books and I have really been enjoying them. My first book on CD was The Number One Ladies Detective Agency. I am now listening to the last Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I am just checking these out from my local library as they have a large selection. This gives me my reading time and helps ease the stress of the freeway. :o)


I want to share with you some pug art work I recently purchased on Etsy. Look at these beautiful pugs! The photos are courtesy of the artist's Etsy shop, Malthene. The fabulous artist is Mary Detwiler. She is very friendly and very responsive to her customers.
These are pastel crayons on acid free paper. The photos do not do them justice, the colors are so vibrant. The little puggies look like they could just jump off the paper! I ordered them with black mats and will be looking for frames soon. They are very delicate so I need to get them framed up right away. I highly recommend a visit to Malthene on Etsy and looking at Mary's artwork for yourself.
Here is an old craft that is getting a new look these days. Punchneedle looks very simple and the results are wonderful! I have not tried it yet, but plan on getting my very own set soon. Melissa at Life is Art, Art is Life has shown us her beautiful cardinal in birch trees. Another crafty friend, June at PlanetJune has just announced her first punchneedle designs and a handy e-book with instructions and tips. The Punchneedle Handbook is available from June's online shop.





June gave me a little teaser a few weeks ago about one of her punchneedle patterns. Look it's a pug!! And a corgi for Dozer! June asked if I would share her punchneedle news with my blog friends and dog lovers. I jumped at the chance, June is so sweet and talented. I am thrilled that she remembered me and my readers with her pug and other dog patterns.




So, there you have it. Another fabulous update from Puglette! I appreciate you all being out there, waiting to hear from me. I have been reading your bloggies and loving them all. I have left a few comments but some nights reading and looking at your cute faces is about all I can muster.


Thank you for being my pals!
hugs,
puglette
:o)

5 comments:

  1. Those are wonderful punched art doggies. Wonder if she has a large and handsome pattern.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are beautiful adn I'm sure they will great hanging up!! Can't wait to see them matted and framed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi miss Puglette! I was wondering how you were doing!

    I just LOVE that pug art you found on Etsy! What a talented artist! I may be partial, but aren't pugs just the cutest little faces to hang on your walls?!

    Glad to hear you're enjoying the job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi puglette!
    i have been thinking of you! i am so glad you are enjoying your work!
    your new artwork is gorgeous and i just purchased the punchneedle e book and pug, corgi and parrot patterns from june! they are all fabulous!
    i love the way she has written them all. what a talent she is! thank you for sharing her site with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad that you are enjoying your new job! My Mommie and Daddie listen to books on CD in the car all the time. It's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Please write!